Thursday, December 5, 2013

Pasta and Paint


Do you use Pinterest? I have a love/hate relationship with it. 
I enjoy using it to pin ideas for shopping, house stuff, clothing etc but I loathe those pinners who seem to have all the time in the world to craft with their children all day, bake, sew all their children's clothes from scratch and then apparently still have time to cook a perfectly proportioned and well balanced dinner and pin that too! I secretly think they are full of crap and designed to make us working parents feel even more guilty than we already do half the time!

Just in case you have no idea what Pinterest and my above rant is all about - Pinterest is a virtual online pin board where  you can collate all the pictures and links you see across the internet in one place. A very handy tool or a good source of frustration and at times a brilliant time eater - depends on how you want to look at it.

Anyhoo, I have what I like to call my guilty working Mums pin board of all the projects I would like to do with Piper if I ever found the time, and my maternity leave seemed like just the time to have some fun and try some of these ideas out.

Below is the result of Piper and I spending the afternoon painting pasta and making necklaces.





I would like to say this rocked Piper's world and we had an amazing time - but we didn't. She couldn't of cared less, it took far too long for the paint to dry, she lost interest in painting the pasta after about 5 pieces but wanted the end result necklace, so I painted most of the pasta and thread the necklaces myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment for us, we would love to hear from you xo