Thursday, March 27, 2014

A Catch-Up


The weather here is out of control and I am completely over it, it has never been so unstable. One minute it is heating up and we are preparing for the onslaught of summer, and the next it is raining non-stop overnight and the next day. Yes, rain in Dubai again.... it has been such a crazy winter with at least 10 days of rain.
Yesterday with the rain and wind, for the first time EVER in nearly 3 years of living here, I put the heater on in my car!

I am not enjoying this time of year, the threat of summer arriving creates a sense of panic - a rush to fit in all the outdoor activities you can before the intense heat arrives.
Our first summer was novel, it was a challenge to survive and create ways of avoiding the heat. The second year it was a bit of a hassle, we far from welcomed it, but like all expats we planned a trip and escaped for a month during the fiercest of summer and hid out in Europe. This, our third year, is so different. We know what is coming, we hate it, it is not fun or novel, it is bloody hard work and restricting. I am dreading summer and the thought of it makes me want to cry.

I am blaming my father in-law Mike who arrived 2 days ago for bringing the Melbourne rain and weather with him. Grandpa is staying with us for the next 3 weeks and Piper could not be happier. She is ecstatic to have Grandpa here and does not leave him alone. He is exhausted by 8:30pm but I doubt it is the jet lag, I think it is the Piper effect.

Last weekend I finally got back on a paddle board and I couldn't be happier. I finally feel 'normal' after Frankie's birth and my complications. I still have a bit of work to do but it is all easy from here.

We have lots of fun things planned over the next few weeks while Grandpa is here and before the heat, a trip to Abu Dhabi, Ferrari World (minus the roller coaster that broke my Dad's sternum), a road trip to Oman and Naz has a triathlon next weekend on the Palm.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment for us, we would love to hear from you xo