Saturday, October 29, 2011

Birthday Celebrations!

Last week I celebrated my 32nd birthday and thanks to our shipping container arriving at 8pm the night before and Naz and I not going to bed until everything was in order we got to have our first day of relaxing and fun in our new home!

Piper is terrible at secrets and had already informed me during the week that she was making me a birthday cake all by herself and she had hidden my presents under her bed. I also overheard her telling her Dad exactly what colour balloons she needed and insisting they go to Dubai Mall for party hats.
However what she did not blab about was my fabulous birthday present.... a brand new Canon SLR camera and lots of great acccessories!
So of course I snapped away all day like a mad woman but it is honestly going to take me another year to get the hang of this thing so excuse some of the photo's.
Below are my favourite snaps from my birthday.....



Walking to get a coffee from our favourite place. Burj Khalifa is in the background, Old Town island on the right and our apartments on the left.

Beautiful gluten free cupcakes which as you can see Piper iced all by herself and decorated.... apparently these few cupcakes took 3 packets of fun size smarties, you can only guess where the missing smarties went!
For dinner we went to my favourite Thai restaurant Tip Thara which I have been to on my previous Dubai work trips. It is in the 'Old Town - Palace' complex across the water from our house and is built over the water looking directly at the nightly water fountain show in front of the Burj Khalifa.
This photo is Piper being spoilt by the staff who insisted on feeding her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment for us, we would love to hear from you xo